Last night was my first time trying the cauliflower “rice” that I’ve been hearing so much about. There were a few different options: some with different seasonings, some with vegetables, and of course, some with sauce, and the plain style. I decided to make mine into a Chinese food style fried rice and it was so good! Carbs are such a weakness for me, BUT I do love cauliflower so this was a win-win.
If you are on the hunt for something your kids and/or hubby will eat that’s healthy – this is it. Also, they won’t even notice the difference. 😉
For the one I chose the packaging actually had their own recipe on the back, but I didn’t see this until I got home. Ha, typical! However, mine turned out yummy and that just goes to show you can kind of play around with the recipe.
I am linking everything I used to make it. All ingredients purchased at Publix. Good for 4-5 people, depending on portion size.
- 2 bags of the Green Giant Riced Vegetable Cauliflower Medley with no flavorings or sauce – it’s 100% veggies and gluten free.
- 1 Package of Nasoya Organic Tofu (I would recommend getting the already cubed tofu if you can find it). – another alternative is using chicken if you don’t like tofu.
- 3 Organic Large Brown Eggs
- 2 Avocados
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Pack of Fried Rice Seasoning Mix
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil – Use more if needed, and any brand works.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium for a minute
- Add in the 2 packages of riced cauliflower
- Stir throughout cooking
- Add in soy sauce, amount as desired (once cauliflower is unfrozen)
- In a separate pan, scramble your eggs (use olive oil or non stick spray before)
- Add in the seasoning to the riced cauliflower – stir it well to distribute the seasoning throughout
- Add in scrambled eggs
- Chop up your tofu, or add in your already diced tofu to the riced cauliflower
- Continue to stir, cooking on medium
- I used two packs so I would say it took around 15-20 minutes to cook thoroughly. I would just taste test it to make sure it’s hot and ready to eat
- After it’s done cooking, put it in a bowl, slice up some avocado and put it on top
Here is a photo of mine below: