Happy New Years everyone! I can’t believe how fast this month is flying by! I took some time to reflect on what I wanted this year to look like and what my goals were for my family, my marriage and my children. Here are some of my reflections or resolutions for this new year!
- Make time for yourself: Plan ahead for something that you enjoy and are able to do to relax and just enjoy on your own. “Me time” is so important for our mental health. Even if it’s just going for a walk for yourself, getting a pedicure, or going to get a massage. Do something to give yourself a break.
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat smarter and think about what I’m putting not only in my body but also my families.
- Invest in yourself: Make sure that you are putting yourself first sometimes. Take care of yourself and do things that make you happy. it’s okay to say no to people sometimes as well.
- Maintain working out: If you have a hard time with staying active or going to the gym then start small and set realistic goals for yourself each week.
- Stay organized each week
- Limit screen time: Whether it’s the phone, ipad, kindle, tv or social media try and do things that eliminates the amount of time you are in front of a screen.
- Do not compare yourself to others
- DIY more: Instead of going out and spending money on activities or hiring someone for help try and do it yourself more often. This can build family time and also help you save some money here and there.
- Surround yourself with people of the same values and beliefs
Hope you are having an amazing New year and working towards crushing your goals this year!