I’m all for a birthday celebration and rewarding my kids with a sweet treat. However, we all know how kids get after a whole bunch of sugar and I don’t have the energy for all of that. Not to mention, I want them leading a somewhat healthy lifestyle. I found a great cupcake recipe that is healthy and delicious… and they won’t even taste the difference! Enjoy!
Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 eggs
- 3 T. applesauce
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. powdered stevia extract
- 5 T. honey
- 3 T. coconut oil
- 1/4 c. coconut flour sifted
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/8 t. turmeric for color
- 1 avocado
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- water as needed (1-2 teaspoons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, mix the beans, eggs, applesauce, stevia, vanilla, honey, oil, salt, and turmeric until smooth
- In a separate bowl, mix the sifted coconut flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry mix into the processor and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter among 10-12 paper muffin cups.
- Bake 24-27 minutes until the top feels firm to the touch
- Process the ingredients for the frosting until smooth.
- Top cupcakes once cooled