Exercise is crucial not only for our health but our mental state as well. Here are some great workout tips according to Camilla Bazley from Women’s Health for the busy mom. Hopefully you can try and fit this in somehow.
- Don’t overthink it: Don’t worry about how long you have or if you don’t have the proper equipment. Do what you can and save the overthinking for your workout. You can easily workout at home without weights and still feel great afterwards.
- Get up and get going: Whatever you have planned for the day allow yourself to start 30 mins before you were planning on starting to begin with. Make time for yourself! This is your time and you time. You will never regret a workout…but you will regret the fact that you keep missing it. The only thing stopping you is you sometimes.
- Do not compare: If you find yourself scrolling through social media and comparing yourself…PUT YOUR PHONE UP! You cannot compare yourself to 20 year olds on social media who photoshop their photos! Focus on what you can and focus on YOU! If you think that comparing yourself is going to motivate you and make yourself feel amazing afterwards…news flash…it’s not. Nobody is you…only you are you and you have to make time for yourself and your own life.
- Ask for help: I don’t know about you but sometimes I have a hard time with asking for help. But guess what it’s more than ok to do this! There is always someone that loves you that is willing to lend a helping hand in any way that they can. If you are able to hire a trainer to come in and help you even if it’s only for 30 mins do it. You have to do what works for you. There is nothing wrong with needing help to stay motivated or someone to hold you accountable to your goals.
- Stay simple: Time is the biggest factor as to why some people struggle with getting a workout in. Yes we get that you are busy but you have to prioritize if you want this! Remember quality vs quantity! You can still sweat a lot at home without going to the gym or a spin class.
If you don’t have any equipment at home here is an a great workout routine to try:
- KB SWINGS
- SIT UPS
- SQUAT JUMPS
- BANDED SQUAT PRESS
- PLANK HOLD
- HIGH KNEES RUNNING ON SPOT
*WORK THROUGH EACH EXERCISE ON A 20 SECOND EFFORT TO 10 SECOND REST RATIO. SET TIMER TO 30 MINS AND COMPLETE UNTIL TIMER GOES OFF. COMPLETE BURNER!
AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE LAST EXERCISE COMPLETE 60 SECONDS OF SKIPPING, ROW, OR RUN. REST FOR 60 SECONDS AND COMPLETE THE REQUIRED SETS.
|GOBLET SQUATS – KETTLEBELL||15||15||15||15||15|
|RESISTANCE BAND ROW (WRAP BAND AROUND FEET AND ROW BACK TOWARD YOURSELF)||15||15||15||15||15|
|BODY WEIGHT STEP BACK LUNGES||20||20||20||20||20|
|GLUTE HIP TRUSTS ON BACK.||15||15||15||15||15|
|RESISTANCE BAND BICEP CURLS & PRESS||15||15||15||15||15|
Hopefully this helps you get back on track 😀 It’s hard but every little bit helps.